Saturday, April 18, 2009

New Years in Hikkaduwa!

Hi guys!
I hope that the Easter bunny was nice to all of you! He must have missed the tiny island of Sri Lanka cause there was no Easter basket waiting for me in the morning! Oh well, we celebrated anyways! We all went down to Hikkaduwa for the extra long weekend and the new year! It was really nice to not have to wake up early and go to the hosptial, we just relaxed and sun bathed all weekend. Oh... we also drank a tiny bit of Arrack as well! haha! Monday (April 13th) was "new years eve" and we broke out the "arrack attack" around 9ish or so! Teaching the locals how to play Kings cup and Up and Down the River! haha Good times! Jamie brought his guitar, so around 10:30 we all sat around and sang songs while he played. It was very cool! Right next door to Sunny's Hotel, there's a place/hotel called Mambos. They had a D.J. and dancefloor all ready to go for the late night dancing! You all know how much I like to shimmy around *wink*! haha! To say the least it was a fantastic time! The next day wasnt as bad as I had anticipated, I could actually find my way to the burger house to put some grease in my tummy! All-in-all is was a great weekend!

Peace, Love, and Rock n' Roll from SL!
xoxo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment