Friday, May 8, 2009

Back in the U.S. of A!!

Ayubowan Everyone!!

So I have been home for about 3 weeks now and have adjusted well back into the American culture. I didn't really have any negative reverse culture shocks thankfully, but it was a bit surreal for a while adjusting to the clean air, clean streets, and tame crowds. I am finding myself a bit day dreamy and foggy headed being home. I spent the first whole week putting together a scrap book of the pictures I printed off. It was nice to sit and reflect on the last 3 months. There were loads of wonderful memories, and some that were rather sketchy, all-in-all though I had the time of my life! Sharing my stories and pictures has also been interesting, my friends and family love hearing about my travels and experiences!

There are parts of me that still can't believe its over, and remembering the good and the bad of the past 3 months is still unbelievable! I was very lucky to have the oportunity of a lifetime, helping people who have been through a lot and learning so much about them! I chearished every moment! Thanks to Projects-Abroad and all their wonderful staff, my voyage was fantastic and something I will hold onto for the rest of my life!!!!

So one last time, my final 'Good Bye' from Sri Lanka! There will be more trips and journeys, so keep an eye out!

<3
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment