Friday, February 6, 2009

Travel Extravaganza!

Hi all!

So a few things i meant to cover last time:
1.) its HOTTTT!!! like i mean i shower twice or three times a day i sweat so much!
2.) nasty street dogs all over the place. kinda weird, they arent exactly the ones you want to cuddle up with at night that's for sure!
3.) i've never had so many people stare at me before walking down the street!
4.) i'm beyond tired... woke up at 4:00 am this morning completely jet lagged!
5.) curry isnt bad... but isnt cheese pizza either! oh how i could go for some portland pie right now!

I'm traveling to the mountains and doing a hiking trip this weekend at a place called Adam's Peak with about 10 other volunteers... so i cant wait to come back monday or tuesday and update you on everything. Hopefully i can get some pictures up and share everything with you!

Love from Sri Lanka!
LA xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! you made it! can't wait to hear about all your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren,
    I am so unbelievably excited for you! I am living vicariously through you and your blogs. LOL. You didn’t say anything about your host family, or the other volunteers. Is there anyone from the states? Does everyone speak English? How old are the kids in your host family. I wanted to know how that soccer ball worked out….? Heehee Is it as third world as we were expecting, or does everyone have game boys and flat screens?! Heeehee God I am just hysterical. I am sure you are getting a kick out of this!
    Jen and I are in Florida. Of course it’s freezing. Send some of that Sri Lanka heat this way will ya?
    I can’t wait to hear all about your hiking adventure! What is the doctor that you are hooked up with like? Did you end up getting him that Mercy poncho you were considering? Do they have metal bed plans? How much is this doctor going to let you participate? Ohhh I can’t wait to hear all about it. Take care, be safe, and I’ll be looking forward to your blog. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!
    I'm so happy you got there safe! It sounds like you are already having fun! I hope you are taking some amazing pictures! It must be nice to take showers like that to cool down! Its still coold here...miss you and can't wait to read some more!
    Lya!

    ReplyDelete